Connect with us


Understanding the power of visions, dreams and God-setting in leadership By Joseph N



IMG 20171011 WA0033

“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way”, this is a famous quote by John C. Maxwell. Pretty complicated right?

Who exactly is a leader? A leader can be anyone, a parent, a friend, a teacher, and sometimes even yourself. The important thing is a leader being able to understand how to demonstrate what is possible.
You cannot take others on a journey with an unknown destination. You have to know where you’re going, how you’re going and how you’re going to get there. If you can provide answers to the aforementioned questions, then you sure know the way.
It doesn’t end there, a true leader is always the first person doing what he or she is saying, so you definitely will not want to be a leader who tells people where to go and how to get there without being willing to do what you ask others to do
You think that’s it? No, it’s not even close. When you’re showing people how to get to the destination, you do it with them, you keep them close. Imagine yourself going down a dark path with a group of people behind you. You’re the only one with a flashlight; do you run far ahead and tell them to keep up? No! You keep everyone close so that all also know where they are going. By doing so, you’re showing them the way!
Having said these things, a leader has to realize that it is his or her duty to produce leaders out of his or her followers. A leader will never be able to produce future generation of leaders if he or she fails to understand the power of visions, dreams and the part God plays in leadership. As a leader, you must not only see but also have a vision, not only act but also dream. And, you’ve probably heard that, “Actions without vision is a nightmare”. Also, you’ve heard the famous quote by Martin Luther King Jr, “I have a dream”. Oh yes! A leader must have a non violent resistance and vivid painting of his or her vision unless he or she wants to lead the flocks astray.
You have to understand that visions and dreams play a powerful role in leadership. Vision is the thing inside of us that guides us. It creates a desire to grow and improve. Vision embodies our hopes and ideals. It gives us a sense of purpose. Visions brings us flashes or glimpses of what is possible.

• One thing vision and dreams do is that they show the leader show where he/she is headed.
As a leader you have to look forward and see where you and the company are headed. This is important in order to avert catastrophe before it happens. Vision helps a leader prepare for the future. Vision keeps a leader on course during rocky times or unexpected set backs.

• Vision and dreams provide motivation and inspires the leader to keep on going.

Leaders need to keep the end result in mind. A leader’s vision needs to be strong enough to carry them through to the end. Otherwise they will stop short of their goals.

• Vision and dreams help to keep the leader to keep moving forward and move through obstacles.

If a leader has a strong vision and dream, little set backs and obstacles will seem small and / or insignificant. They will work through them and persevere to the end, learning as they go. Vision helps leaders to persevere.

• Vision and dreams provide focus.

With all of life’s distractions, and people vying for our attention nowadays, it can be hard to feel a sense of accomplishment. As a leader, acting on your vision will provide you with the focus needed to accomplish your goals. Vision helps leaders work on what is important to achieve the end results and not get caught up in the mundane stuff. It helps leaders to focus on the 20% that is important instead of the remaining 80% that can be delegated and handled by others.

• Having a clear vision and dream gives the leader meaning and purpose to what he is doing.

As a leader, it will help you to see the end result of your efforts. It will give you your “why?” and the reason that you are doing what you do.

Of course, I’m not leaving out the part of God. You have to realize that only Him can give you a vision. He makes dreams, and only He can imbibe into a leader the grace to act according to his visions and dreams.

Joel currently hold the spot as Founder/CEO of PlushNg. He likes spending his free time watching out for the latest movie releases. He is a Journalist, who loves to explore the world through his own eyes. He is a keen learner, WordPress Lover, and an SEO specialist. You could contact him at [email protected]

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.