9mobile is currently up for sale after the initial saga that led them into changing names from Etisalat to 9mobile. The scramble to acquire 9mobile, Nigeria’s fourth largest network operator, has advanced to the next stage.
10 bidders are left out of the 16 who expressed interest in the purchase. And the highest bidder will acquire 9mobile.
Here is a List of The 10 bidders of 9mobile
1. Globacom Nigeria Limited, Nigeria’s second largest network operator
2. Airtel Nigeria
3. Dangote Group’s telecoms business unit
4. Alheri Engineering Limited
5. Smile Telecoms Holdings
6. Centricus Capital and Africell
7. Abraaj Capital (Based in Dubai)
8. Teleology Holdings Limited
9. The Carlyle Group
10. Africa Capital Alliance (ACA)
The 10 firms above have been pre-qualified to submit their financial bids for the acquisition of 9mobile, this will be the final process through which a winner with the highest bid submitted for 9mobile, will emerge.
9mobile, formerly Etisalat Nigeria, was put on the block early this year after it defaulted on a $1.2 billion loan from a consortium of 13 Nigerian banks. Etisalat Group the mother company in Abu Dhabi backed out leaving its Nigeria arm of business to its own fate, to survive on a new name.
The question is, who do you think should acquire 9mobile among the 10 bidders?